Career exploration involves the following:
- Learning about specific occupations and majors;
- Researching job descriptions;
- Understanding how to find and evaluate resources;
- Understanding how occupations, job settings and majors are organized;
- Investigating education and training options; and
- Understanding what skills and personal characteristics are required for specific occupations.
The following web sites can assist you with your career exploration:
SIGI 3 is a comprehensive, up-to-date educational and career planning program that helps you pinpoint career options based on your interests, values, personality and education. You can also obtain printnouts on hundreds of occupations. To access this system, please schedule and appointment with a Career Counselor.
America’s Career InfoNet
Occupational Outlook Handbook
My Plan.com Video Library
Bowie State University Departments & Majors