Peer tutors provide the following modes of tutoring throughout the semester:
- Individual and small group tutoring
- Contract tutoring
- Satellite tutoring
BSU students and faculty can also benefit from our:
- In-class Support Program
- Faculty Referral System
- Online Appointment Scheduling
- Self-study Materials
- Physical Science
- Computer Science
- Computer Technology
Hours of Operation
PRISEM Tutoring Center-COSC Bldg, Room 107
- Monday-Thursday 9:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Friday 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Saturday 9:30 a.m.-noon
PRISEM Tutoring Center Annex-Thurgood Marshall Library, 1st Floor
- Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
To Make an Appointment
Call 301-860-3999 or Go to http://tims.cs.bowiestate.edu and request a session electronically.
For all other inquiries contact:
Ms. Lathiena A. Manning
SEM Student Support Coordinator
Model Institutions for Excellence Initiative
SSS/ TRIO Services:
SSS/TRIO provides academic counseling, tutoring, workshops, and cultural events for all TRIO Achievers. We offer most services in the Center for Learning & Technology building, third floor (CLT 348). Workshops are most often held in CLT 315. Best of all, everything is free of charge!
Is there anything that does not allow your education to be your first priority? The responsibility of TRIO's counseling services staff is to promote your personal, academic, and professional growth.
Counselors also provide career advice and counseling and coordinate mentoring and internship partnerships between TRiO students and members of the academic and professional communities.
Looking for a math tutor—-free of charge? If you're a TRIO Achiever, you've come to the right place. If you haven't yet applied for TRiO and want tutoring, why not apply? We can help you succeed.
TRIO Director/Counselor, Monica Turner
Writing? Reading? Giving a presentation? One of the advantages TRIO students have is FREE access to writing and communication skills support for not only English classes, but also for other classes and projects. If you are a TRIO student, schedule an appointment with the writing skills specialist today by calling 301-860-3297 or sending an email to email@example.com.
ENGLISH STUDENTS ONLY
(English Majors & students taking English courses)
DOROTHY SIZEMORE SMITH COMPUTER-ASSISTED WRITING CENTER
Writing Center hours:
- Monday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Wednesday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Thursday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Location: MLK room 251
The Writing Center Staff will:
- Help students understand English assignments, as well as other papers
- Diagnose writing problems
- Provide worksheets and computer activities
- Help students access online writing help
- Give MLA and APA workshops
- Give workshops on the English Proficiency Exam (EPE) at the beginning of each semester (as well as individual workshops)
General Writing Consulation Procedures:
- Submit your paper to your instructor for review/grading
- Submit your paper to Writing Center staff
- Schedule an appointment for consultation
All writing samples must be submitted 24 hours prior to scheduled appointment.
Also available to students are:
- Writing and grammar tutorials
- Access to online computer labs
- Access to writing and grammar software