Dr. Falih M. Alsaaty: A Brief Biography
Dr. Falih M. Alsaaty is professor in the management information systems department in the College of Business for Bowie State University (BSU). In cooperation with other faculty members, he played a key role in the creation of the College's Master of Business Administration Program. Dr. Alsaaty received his MBA and PhD degrees from the Graduate School of Business Administration (Stern School of Business) at New York University. Prior to joining BSU, Dr. Alsaaty served as professor of management and director of the international business center at the University of the District of Columbia in Washington, DC. He has extensive teaching and research experience in the fields of management, business strategy, and entrepreneurship. He taught in a number of universities in the United States and abroad, including American University in Washington, DC; Baghdad University in Baghdad, Iraq; and Jordan University in Amman, Jordan. He has also spent time in a few other organizations, including the World Bank in Washington, DC.
Dr. Alsaaty has numerous publications in professional journals, the most recent of which are the following:
- Innovation in Higher Education and the Theory of Inventive Problem Solving (2010), forthcoming in the Journal of Global Business Development, (co-authored with Dr. Marion H. Harris).
- The Innovation Event: An Insight into the Occurrence of Innovation, the Business Review, Vol. 14, No. 1, (co-authored with Dr. Marion H. Harris).
- The Utilization of the Theory of Inventive Problem Solving (TRIZ) in Strategic Management Decisions, Proceedings, the International Conference of the Global Business Development Institute, Las Vegas, March 22-25, 2009.
- Sharing the Experience: How Entrepreneurs Recognize Business Opportunities (2009), the Journal of Global Business and Economics, Vol. 2, No. 1.
- Entrepreneurial Companies: A Strategy for Organizational Success (2007), Proceedings, the International Business & Economic Research Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, October 1-4, 2007, (co-authored with Dr. Hany H. Makhlouf).
- Entrepreneurs: Strategic Thinkers in Search of Opportunities (2007). Journal of Business & Economic Research, Vol. 5, No. 6.
- Strategic Thinking: The Art of Organizational Excellence (2006). Journal of Effective Management, Vol. 3, No. 1.
- A Young Entrepreneur Going Global: Case Study (2006). The Business Review, Vol. 6, No. 1.
In addition, Dr. Alsaaty has published four books. The most recent book, co-authored with Dr. Hany H. Makhlouf, is entitled Entrepreneurship: Launching and Managing New Ventures, and was published by Publish America, Baltimore, 2007.