March 10, 2011
Amanda R Warfield
University Relations and Marketing
BSU Dept. of Communications Presents Second Annual Media Day
The Department of Communications at Bowie State University will host its Second Annual Media Day with the theme "Survival in the New Media." The event will feature a keynote speaker, panel discussion, as well as a question and answer session. Students will have to opportunity to learn firsthand from communications professionals in radio, television, print and public relations. In addition, attendees will hear the steps needed in order to obtain an internship, a job and develop a successful career plan. This event is free and open to all Bowie State staff, faculty and students as well as the general public.
The Department of Communications at Bowie State University.
The keynote speaker for this year's Media Day is David S. Dickerson President of DDC, Inc./Eyes & Ears MediaWorks and national director of Hoopkidz/ Hoopelite.
Participating panelists include:
- Derek McGinty, Anchor, 9 News Now, WUSA-TV 9, CBS Affiliate Washington, D.C.
- Sonia Holt,Assistant Marketing and Promotions Manager, CBS Radio, Washington, D.C.
- Yolanda Parks, Television Executive Producer, Director, Writer
- V. Dion Haynes, Managing Editor, Capital Business, The Washington Post, Washington, D.C.
- Jennifer Holtz, Digital Media Attorney, Booz Allen Hamilton, McLean, Va.
- Joy Lammie, Senior Account Executive, Fleishman Hillard Public Relations Agency, Washington, D.C.
- Lynnette Johnson Williams, Sr. Vice President, Edelman Public Relations Agency
- JC, Radio Host, Praise 104.1 FM
Thursday, March 17, 2011
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Bowie State University
Center for Learning and Technology, Room 102
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, MD 20715
Amanda Sutton, a Bowie State University undergraduate student majoring in communications, was a contributing writer for this press release.
ABOUT BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
Bowie State University (BSU) is an important higher education access portal for qualified persons from diverse academic and socioeconomic backgrounds who seek a high quality and affordable public comprehensive university. The University places special emphasis on the science, technology, teacher education, business, and nursing disciplines within the context of a liberal arts education for more information about BSU, visit the website at http://www.bowiestate.edu/.