Bowie State University is pleased to make available E-Learning professional skills developmental training in Skillsoft. This on-line catalog is a comprehensive offering of more than 3,000 courses developed to offer employees a wide variety of courseware-based-training opportunities designed to enhance critical business, professional and IT skills. We believe that this approach to training will support our commitment to provide employees with opportunities to grow and develop in their careers.
Important: You must be assigned a user ID and password before you can access SkillPort.
Please contact: Nicol King at 301-860-3455 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
The courses available to you have been chosen from a wide range of topics, including:
- Administrative Support
- Business Law
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Industry Foundations
- Information Technology
- Knowledge Management
- Personal Development
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Team Building
Benefits of E-Learning
- Access training anytime, anyplace
- Courses are interactive & engaging
- Learn at your own pace
- Take courses on the internet, or download them to your PC and work offline
- Bookmark your place to return later
- Save time over some instructor led training
Tips for Getting the Most from Your E-Learning Experience - Login at: www.bowiestate.edu/skillsoft
- Attend a “Navigating Skillsoft” training session
- Schedule your e-Learning just as you would if you intended to go to a class
- Take Pre-assessments to pinpoint subject areas on which to focus
- Use the reference materials and job aids that supplement the course.
- Take the Mastery assessments to ensure you've learned what you need