1) How can I find out what my balance is if I have not received my bill yet?
A: Go to www.bulldogconnect.bowiestate.edu/ and click on the tab “Account Summary” and follow instructions, or call the Student Accounts Office at 301-860-3490.
2) I did not pay the balance due on my bill because I knew my financial aid would cover it. The aid is not in and I now have a late fee on my account. What can I do?
A: Contact the Financial Aid Office at 301-860-3540 to make sure that your aid has been processed. If you have met all deadlines and requirements, you may be eligible for a late fee waiver.
3) Can I pay my bill over the telephone?
A: Yes, we do accept payments over the telephone by dialing 301-860-3490
4) I want to pay by check but the Cashier's Office is closed. What can I do?
A: You can put your check along with a note, your name and Student ID number in an envelope and drop it in the night depository box, located at the cashier's window.
5) What forms of payment does the Cashier's Office accept?
A: Acceptable forms of payment are: cash, checks and credit cards (American Express, Discover Card, Master Card and Visa). No cash should be sent in the mail.
6) How long will it take to receive a refund?
A: It will usually take 20 business days from the date of the check request on your student account for you to receive a refund.
7) Why did I get a refund in the mail if I have a balance on my account?
A: There are a number of reasons why this happens:a. At the time the credit was posted to your account, you may not have had offsetting charges;b. Since financial aid is semester-specific, you may have charges for a semester that your aid could not pay so it had to be refunded to you; orc. Adjustments were made to your account after the refund check was ordered.
8) My account became past due and was transferred to the State Central Collection Agency. What do I have to do to register for classes?
A: Your account must be paid in full before you can register for classes.
9) I withdrew from the University and received a refund of a percentage of my tuition but not the fees. Why?
A: Some fees are non-refundable. For a complete list, please refer to the refund withdrawal schedule.
10) What if I have other questions?
A: Call the Student Accounts Office at 301-860-3490, or come to the Henry Administration Building and our staff will assist you.