Academic advising is underway for the Summer and Fall 2014 terms for students below 60 credit hours. All academic advising appointments are now scheduled through an online process. Our NEW Online Appointment Module is available through the Communication and Advising Network (ICAN) housed within Blackboard.
ICAN Student Flyer
How to Set up your personal profile and schedule an appointment
Contact the Academic Advising Center: (301) 860-4072
- Yvette C. Galloway, Ed.D. Director of the Academic Advisement Center
- Kortnee Anderson, B.S. Administrative Assistant
- Gloria Alexander, M.A. Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Academic Recovery Programs
- Pascale Brown, M.S. Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Special Programs and Web Content Manager
- Dorsha Goodman, M.S. Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Freshman & Sophomore Milestones
- Allen Mosley, M.S. Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Advising Services for Special Populations (Athletes, Band, ROTC & Veterans)
- Angela Williams, Ph.D. Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Transfer Advising Services
- Michael Hughes, Ed.D Special Needs Advisor and Coordination for Disability Support Services
- Victor Gittens, M.Sc. Special Needs Advisor and Technology Specialist for Disability Support Services
* Students majoring in Computer Science, English Nursing and Social Work students must contact the department advisor.
The AAC advises students up to 59 credits. Students must meet with department advisor in seeking advisement after 60 credits.