Academic advising is underway for the Summer and Fall 2015 terms. The AAC advises students having earned less than 60 credits in most majors. Students in the following majors are required to schedule academic advising appointments with an advisor within thier academic department:
English & Modern Languages
Students having earned 60 or more credits must schedule and academic advising appointment with their department.
Scheduling an Appointment with the Academic Advising Center:
All academic advising appointments are scheduled through iCAN, an online scheduling system. You may access iCAN with the following steps:
- Log into Blackboard using your University issued Username and Password.
- Select "iCAN" from the menu bar in the upper right corner.
- A blue box will appear with your name displayed, select your name.
- Update your user profile and appointment reminder preferences (add your preferred contact # and email address) and then "Submit".
- Select "Services" from the menu bar.
- Select "Academic Advising Center".
- Select "Schedule appointment" .
- Select your preferred appointment date from the calendar to the right. Dates with available appointments will appear in bold print.
- Choose an appointment time that meets your schedule and select "submit".
You will receive an email confirmation and appointment reminders in accordance to your profile preferences.
For additional instructions on setting up an advising appointment you may access the video links at the bottom of this page.
For additional assistance, contact the Academic Advising Center: (301) 860-4072
- Yvette C. Galloway, Ed.D. Director of the Academic Advisement Center
- Gloria Alexander, M.A. Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Transfer Advising Services
- Aura Gardner, M.A. Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Curriculum Management
- Dorsha Goodman, M.S. Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Freshman & Sophomore Milestones
- Allen Mosley, M.S. Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Advising Services for Special Populations (Athletes, Band, ROTC & Veterans)
- LaToya Walters, M.A. Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Academic Recovery Programs
- Michael Hughes, Ed.D Special Needs Advisor and Coordination for Disability Support Services
- Victor Gittens, M.Sc. Special Needs Advisor and Technology Specialist for Disability Support Services
Video Instructions for setting up your advising profile
Video Instructions for scheduling an academic advising appointment