The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) strives to:
- Stimulate ongoing discussion on pedagogy and ways to improve enhance and strengthen teaching, learning, and retention:
- Support the infusion of technology into the teaching and learning experience
- Provide a centralized location for academic professional development
CETL is funded through the Access to Success grant program of the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
The purpose of CETL is to support the professional development of the teaching community at Bowie State University. In addition to two annual institutes, the Center provides workshops and seminars that focus on theories of education, application of successful teaching techniques used at BSU and other universities, basic teaching strategies, distance education, and the use of new technologies.
The Center also provides a number of resources:
- A library of educational books, articles, and videotapes
- Faculty laptop loaner program
- An online archive of useful teaching resources