|The Department of Mathematics Engineering Laboratory features an advanced 3D printer, which is capable of generating physical models from computer simulation Ms. Chinwe Didigu (BS in Applied Mathematics, Spring 2007), a graduate student in Computer Science, Bowie State University
The Department offers a Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics with four options:
- Pure Mathematics
- Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Mathematics Education
- Dual Degree Mathematics/Engineering
Majors must earn a grade of "C" or better in each required mathematics course.
To prepare graduates with a flexibility to enable them to adjust to future changes in technology and to develop a sense of professionalism in their field of study.
- To provide a quality education in mathematics
- To provide students an environment that encourages and fosters the attitudes and disciplines essential to professional growth
- To maintain viability of programs through systematic and continuous evaluation and modification
- To prepare students for graduate studies or application of work in one of the many opportunities in government or industry
- All students must take the English Proficiency Exam after successful completion of ENGL 102.
- Additionally, secondary majors must take and successfully pass PRAXIS I and PRAXIS II.
Department of Mathematics
Bowie State University
14000 Jericho Park Road
Crawford Science Building, Suite 108
Bowie, Maryland 20716-9465
Department chair: Dr. Nelson Petulante
Professor of Mathematics
Administrative Assistant: Ms. Mary Royster