Get in the Game with Intramural Sports
By Malissa Close
For those of you who love competitive sports, but don’t quite have the juice to be on an athletic team, Bowie State University’s intramural sports program is just for you.
The intramural sports program recently announced its schedule for the spring semester that is sure to meet your fitness and scheduling needs:
· Weight Watchers- Participants will have access to: e-tools, meetings, and online access to their own weight loss program.
· Total Body Fitness – (March 5 to May 7) Every Monday in WSC 102 from 6:30 p.m. to7:30 p.m. Total Body Fitness is geared to those who desire a total body fitness routine. This is a 60 minute cardio and strength training workout.
· Reggaeton Party- (March 6 to May 8) Every Tuesday in WSC 102 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Reggaeton Party- is fitness made fun! An exciting motivating exercise combining Latin hip-hop and international beats to help you ditch the traditional workout. Dance your way into shape.
· CoreFlex- (March 7 to May 9, 2012) Every Wednesday in WSC 102 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. This is a 60 minute class concentrating on strengthening the core muscles. This class will incorporate the principles of yoga, Pilates, and dynamic flexibility training. This class will target the muscles of the pelvis, hips, hamstrings, abdomen, and lower back.
· Tone it Up- (March 8 to May 10) Every Thursday in WSC 102 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. This is a muscle strengthening class using the principles of high repetitions designed to shape your physique, tone your boy, raise your metabolism and improve your energy along with an added focus, on cardio, core, and balance training.
· Indoor Soccer- Every Tuesday and Thursday teams of seven will compete against each other in the McKeldin Gym. All equipment will be provided. Game will start March 6, 2010 at 6 p.m. All levels are welcome.
· Intramural Basketball- Students will compete with 5-on-5 basketball season. This season will start after the CIAA Tournament is complete. If there are any questions, please contact the Office of Intramural and Recreational Sports (301) 860-3812. The office is located in the Wiseman Student Center room 131.
· Intramural Flag Football- Students will compete in an 8-on-8 football tournament. The tournament will start after the intramural basketball season is complete. If there are any questions, please call the Office of Intramural and Recreational Sports (301) 860-3812. The office is located in Wiseman Student Center in room 131.
· 2012 NIRSA HBCU SHOOTOUT- Bowie State University April 21 in McKeldin Gym.