Maria Diane Harris joined the Department of Counseling on November 22, 2007. As a counseling major, she provides support for the department in assisting the Chair with various projects.
Ms. Harris acts as a liaison between the Chair, faculty and students. She coordinates meetings, maintains the departmental budget, orders office supplies, assists faculty with textbook orders and tests equipment/supplies, grants and purchase order for various activities.
Some of her technical skills include using PeopleSoft to post class schedules and assess student information for student registration and faculty advisement. She is also proficient in the Microsoft Office 2007 application.
- Marital and Family Counseling
- Pastoral Care and Counseling
- The Coping Skills and the Level of Anxiety among Married and Unmarried Men with Diabetes. Master's Thesis, Spring 2007
- American Counseling Association
- Psi Chi, The National Honor Society in Psychology
- Alpha Chi, Lifetime Member of Honor Society
- NCNW - National Council of Negro Women