Dr. Thelon Byrd, Ph.D.
Ph.D., Special Education
University of Michigan
Thelon, Byrd, Jr. is a special educator who has been the Graduate Special Education Coordinator at Bowie State University since 1975. He is a licensed psychologist who has been in practice since 1978. He has consulted in public and private schools in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. His primary work has been in the area of assessment and intervention with an emphasis on learning and emotional/behavioral disorders.
Dr. Byrd currently serves as a committee member for the Institutes of Higher Learning (IHE)-Maryland State Improvement Grant (MSIG). During the spring 2005 semester, he conducted a five-year cycle of administering literacy grants in collaboration with Prince George’s County Public Schools in the amount of $525,000.
- Emotional/Behavior Disorders of Children and Adolescents
- Individuals with Developmental Disabilities and Learning Disorders
- Classroom Behaviors and Perceptions of Low Achievers
- Avoiding Power Struggles between Teachers and Students with Emotional/Behavior Disorders, National Children’s Center, 2005.
- Improving Literacy Skills of Mild to Moderate Disabled Middle School Students, Maryland State Department of Education, 2004.
- Council of Exception Children
- American Psychological Association