The Curriculum Laboratory is housed on the 2nd floor of the Thurgood Marshall Library Room 2210. The Laboratory supports the mission of excellence in teaching, learning and research of The Bowie State University, School of Education and the Thurgood Marshall Library.
The diverse material found here, support instruction in professional development and teacher education of undergraduate, graduate students of the School of Education. These are in both print and non-print format. Education Faculty uses the Laboratory which also houses the SMART Classroom facility, for teaching and demonstrations on electronic pedagogy to student teachers.
Both basic and supplementary educational material to support curriculum planning is housed here. These are:
- Reference works such as children's and general Encyclopedias, general Indexes and dictionaries
- Sample textbooks, used in area school systems
- Children's literature collections; fiction and non-fiction for grades P-12 as well as ethnic diverse literature and award winning Newberry, Caldecott, Coretta Scott King and others, titles
- Curriculum software packages such as games, puppet theatre, diversity and multi-disciplinary instructional materials
- Children's periodicals and indexes to children's literature
Special Services: Besides the SMART Classroom; the newly renovated laboratory also provides a large work area for simulated classroom situations.
Subject specific library information literacy classes and research methods in education disciplines are provided upon request from the faculty to the liaison education librarian, Faith Steele at 301 860 3857 or e-mail at email@example.com
SELECT DATABASES and WEBSITES IN EDUCATION
DATABASES: To access the databases click on Research Port on the Library website
- Academic Search Premier
- Eric (EBSCO)
- Eric (FIRST SEARCH)
- Science Direct
- College Source
- Catalog USMAI
WEBSITES: Education sources on the web