New Graduate Student Orientation
Congratulations again on your acceptance into a master/doctoral program at Bowie State University. We invite you to attend the New Graduate Student Orientation (NGSO) on Thursday, August 27, 2015, from 4:30-6:30 p.m. in the Student Center, Wiseman Ballroom. Park for free in Lot J (view the campus map). Visit our website for driving directions.
We look forward to meeting you. If you have questions, contact the Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-860-3406.
Why Come to NGSO?
It is a great opportunity for you to:
- Learn about the Graduate School’s policies and procedures
- Discuss prerequisites
- Understand payment options for tuition and fees
- Get one-on-one advising
If you cannot attend the orientation, you still need to complete several steps. Here is a guide to help you in that process:
Tuition & Financial Aid
- Visit the Office of Financial Aid online for important information and dates.
- Apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Pay your tuition bill.
- You can choose to sign up for the Tuition Payment Plan. Make tuition payments on a monthly basis through a tuition payment plan. You may sign up for this payment plan using your Bulldog Connection account.
- You can also make payments at the Office of Student Accounts on the first floor of the Henry Administration Building or by phone at 1-877-77-BOWIE or 301-860-3540.
- You will receive information about payment deadline dates through your university email account. The Office of Student Accounts will not mail you a bill. You can access your bill through Bulldog Connection.
Registering for Classes
- Submit your Entrance Medical History Form (EMH) to the Wellness Center. You will be blocked from registering for classes until you complete this form.
- Meet with an academic advisor to develop your program of study and register for your classes through Bulldog Connection. Check your mail for a New Graduate Student Orientation packet with advisement information.
- Obtain the Bulldog Card. Once you have paid your tuition bill and have registered for classes, you may get your card at the Bulldog Card Office in the Student Center. The Bulldog Card is your official university identification, library card and access card to university athletic events. Keep it with you at all times.
Parking & Public Transit