Next Steps for Admitted Students
Choosing a university is a huge and exciting decision. So, we applaud you for making a great choice and selecting Bowie State University (BSU). Students who are educated on our campus leave with the strength to reach for their dreams and a feeling of pride that will last for a lifetime. We are committed to helping you succeed!
Follow this check list below to get started:
- Congratulations! We are glad to have you join our learning community! Look for letters from the Admissions Office with your Bulldog student ID and password. From now on, we will send all BSU communications to your bowiestate.edu email address.
- To confirm your attendance, you must pay the $80 nonrefundable fee and mail in the gold Confirmation of Attendance Card to:
Bowie State University Office of Student Accounts
William E. Henry Administration Building
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, MD 20715
Call Student Accounts at 301-860-3495 to pay over the phone.
- If you’re planning to live on campus, complete the Housing Application via the Resident Life homepage. Your housing deposit and application fee are due at the same time.
- Select your meal plan.
- Register and pay for parking:
- Freshmen living on campus are not allowed to have cars.
- All others, including freshman commuters, must first pay for their parking permits in the Office of Student Accounts, then take that receipt to the Department of Public Safety (DPS) parking office in McKeldin Gym or Robinson Hall. For more information, call 301-860-4040 or visit the DPS web page.
- Attend the New Student Orientation session where you will:
- Get your Bulldog ID Card
- Learn how to use Bulldog Connection
- Participate in placement testing (required for all first-time freshmen and transfer students who have not yet taken certain required Math and English courses)
- Meet with your advisor, who will help you select your classes
- Register for classes
- Pay your bill for classes using Bulldog Connection after New Student Orientation.