Dear Prospective Students:
Congratulations again on your acceptance into a Master/Doctoral Program at Bowie State University. We would like to invite you to the New Graduate Student Orientation on Tuesday, June 11th from 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. in the Center for Learning and Technology Building, Room 102. We strongly encourage you to attend. Please click here to register for the New Graduate Student Orientation.
The following is a list of steps that will prepare you for the Fall 2013 semester:
1. Submit the Entrance Medical History Form (EMH) to the Wellness Center. Failure to submit a completed EMH form will result in a registration block.
2. Review Bowie State University Financial Aid webpage for important information and dates.
3. Apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
4. Attend the New Graduate Student Orientation
- Get an overview of the policies, procedures, resources and services on our campus.
- Meet with an academic advisor to develop your program of study and register for your classes through Bulldog Connection.
5. Tuition Payment Plan
As a convenience, Bowie State University is offering the option to make tuition payments on a monthly basis for currently enrolled students through the tuition payment plan administered by Sallie Mae.
You may sign up to take advantage of this opportunity using your Bulldog Connection.
6. Please note that payment deadline dates will be emailed to your University e-mail account. The Office of Student Accounts will not mail you a bill. You can access your bill through Bulldog Connection.
7. Bowie Card - Once you are advised, registered and have paid you may go to the Wiseman Student Centre, Room 118 to get your Bowie Card. The Bowie Card is your official University Identification, library card and access card to University athletic events. Keep it with you at all times.
8. Housing - You may apply to reside in Christa McAuliffe Residential Community (CMRC) Apartment.
9. All students are required to purchase a parking permit.
Payments are accepted at the Office of Student Accounts in the Henry Administration Building or through the Interactive Voice Response at 1-866-364-5826. You will need your student ID number to process this transaction.
We look forward to meeting you on Tuesday, June 11th at the New Graduate Student Orientation. If you have any questions, please contact the Graduate School at 301-860-3406.