The Office of Human Resources welcomes the opportunity to assist you. Staff members are committed to devoting their efforts and resources to the following areas:
- Recruitment–It is the goal of the Office of Human Resources to attract, retain, and train highly qualified faculty and staff to ensure that they assist in meeting the mission of the University. Positions are advertised and competitively staffed through the University’s recruitment process. Subsequent to employment, faculty and staff are introduced to technology and training to ensure that they are equipped to function effectively.
- Compensation–Faculty and staff are provided competitive salaries, including merit increases and cost of living adjustments (COLAs) to attract and retain them.
- Benefits–Attractive medical, retirement, and leave benefits are provided to staff through the state of Maryland. All employees may contribute a certain percentage of their base pay to a tax-deferred supplemental retirement plan or an after-tax plan. The University also offers generous leave plans (sick and annual) for employees to utilize.
- Training and Development- Our mission is to provide quality, cost-effective training designed to increase faculty and staff productivity and enrichment, while also developing opportunities that enhance knowledge, develop skills, and enrich the University and its employees. Resources and tools are offered to improve and enhance workflow efficiency and improve customer service.
- Labor and Employee Relations- The Office of Human Resources works closely with senior leaders, managers, and employees in developing solutions that will help departments achieve its goals. Our office resolves employee/management disputes through investigations, employee coaching and counseling; provides guidance to supervisors and administrators concerning discipline;conducts grievance hearings; and participates in arbitrations and other administrative proceedings.