Staff Council is always happy to have volunteers. Here are some ways you can participate.
Serve on a Staff Council Committee
Constitution and By-laws Committee
- The Constitution and By-laws Committee shall review and make recommendations, revisions, and clarifications to the Constitution and By-laws as necessary.
- The Constitution and By-laws Committee shall monitor the By-laws and ensure that the Council is adhering to this document.
Staff Policy Review Committee
The Staff Policy Review Committee shall review; make recommendations, revisions, and clarifications of University policies concerning conditions of employment of the staff.
Staff Development Committee
The Staff Development Committee shall be charged with providing staff development, recognition and morale activities for the staff.
Nominating and Elections Committee
The Nominating Committee shall develop the ballot and conduct elections for Voting Representatives of the Staff Council.
Fundraising and Scholarship Committee
- The Fundraising and Scholarship Committee will explore and implement opportunities and activities to raise funds by the Staff Council to be used for Scholarships, developmental and operational purposes.
- The Fundraising and Scholarship Committee will be responsible for the administration of all scholarship programs offered by the Staff Council.
Environmental Impact Committee
- The Environmental Impact Committee will work to investigate and explore those environmental factors and systems that impact the work performed by staff.
- The Environmental Impact Committee will provide the Staff Council with recommendations that provide solutions to university operations that inhibit efficiency in operations and cause increased costs both in terms of fiscal and personnel resources.
Serve on a University Council Committee
Traffic, Parking and Safety
The purpose of this committee is to develop and recommend for implementation traffic, parking, safety and environmental issues, rules and regulations.
Space, Building and Grounds
The purpose of this committee is to address concerns regarding existing and future buildings and the surrounding campus environment.
The purpose of this committee is to work collaboratively with the President's Office and Institutional Advancement monitoring State and Federal legislative policies, laws and mandates and to respond to issues affecting higher education and Bowie State University.
The purpose of this committee is to advise the University Council regarding campus technology needs and priorities governing computer use, software and hardware products provided by the University.
The purpose of this committee is to review the University's fiscal resources and make recommendations regarding the utilization of these fiscal resources to the University Council.
The purpose of this committee is to ensure an environment that promotes the health of all members of the University community.