Congratulations on your acceptance to Bowie State University!
This page provides guidance on steps required to register for a Virtual New Student Advising & Registration session.
Step 1: Pay the $80 acceptance fee (non-refundable)
All students must pay the acceptance fee prior to registering for a Virtual New Student Advising & Registration session.
- Log in to Bulldog Connection using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. Be sure to disable popup blockers.
- Select Student Home > Financial Account > Make A Payment.
- The system will automatically redirect you to TouchNet.
- Select Deposits > Select a deposit payment.
Step 2: Register for New Student Advising & Registration
Approximately 48 business hours after paying the acceptance fee you will receive an invitation to sign up for New Student Advising & Registration. A secured link to the registration form will be sent to your Bowie State University email address. Please log into your University email account and look for an email from "New Student Advising".
How to access your BSU email account: Please use the following instructions for both BSU-owned and personal devices:
- Begin on www.bowiestate.edu and click “Bulldog Connection”
- Click “Student Email”
- Enter your BSU student email username and your password, then sign in
- Click the apps button in the top left corner of Outlook (Email)
- Click MS Office 365 apps
Our website also provides detailed instructions on how to access your BSU email account.
Step 3: Read your New Student Advising & Registration confirmation email
Your confirmation email will provide information pertinent to your Advising & Registration session.
Step 4: Attend New Student Advising & Registration.
Need Immediate Assistance?You may log into our Virtual Help Desk for immediate assistance during the hours listed below. A representative can provide general guidance pertaining to advising and registration.
Hours of Operation
Monday and Tuesday
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Closed for New Freshman Advising & Registration
- Closed for New Transfer Advising & Registration
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.