Education Innovation Initiative (ei2)
The Education Innovation Initiative (ei2) is Bowie State University's signature PreK-20 science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM) academic enrichment program that is grounded in advocacy for early career pathway exposure amongst under-represented students in Prince George’s County. Through the use of a multidisciplinary approach to discovery-based learning, ei2 provides students with increased access to real-world work experience that produces next generation solutions.
To provide unique access to STEAM enrichment experiences to incentivize progression toward successful completion toward higher education and preparedness toward entry into STEAM and humanities-related careers.
To close the achievement gap in under-represented populations in STEAM and to provide them with unique workforce ready experiences to increase the likelihood of their success in STEAM and humanities-related careers.
- Collaborate with industry thought leaders
- Access state-of-the-art information technology
- Engage in challenging projects of national and international significance
- Develop career oriented workforce ready skill set
- Increase University enrollment, retention and graduation rates of our nation’s future leaders
Dr. Ina A. Ramos
Dr. Guy-Alain Amoussou