University Strategic Plan 2019 – 2024
Overview of the Strategic Planning Process
Bowie State University is undertaking a strategic planning process that assesses the achievements from the 2013-2018 Strategic Plan and areas of institutional strength to develop aspirational goals for the next five years.
The Strategic Planning Committee, appointed by the President, includes student, faculty, staff, administration, alumni and foundation representation. This diverse group brings together perspectives from the university’s primary constituencies to help shape the strategic direction for our future. The target date for completion of this work is June 2018.
The committee will work to achieve the following objectives:
- Assess BSU’s strengths and opportunities and envision the essential character and functional components of the institution 10 years from now
- Generate ideas for initiatives and draft aspirational goals
- Engage the campus and greater community in robust discussions to refine draft ideas
- Create a detailed plan for accomplishing goals through initiatives
- Finalize a proposed strategic plan for presentation to the President
View the Strategic Plan
As a member of the University System of Maryland (USM), Bowie State University must align its strategic plan with the themes, goals and strategies outlined in the USM Strategic Plan. Additionally, our plan must support the Maryland Higher Education Commission’s Plan for Postsecondary Education.