This year, we will offer a full 2 weeks before the official semester starts for campus members to dispose of paper material from BSU or home offices & storage areas within their respective buildings. We will designate 3 zones on campus. All buildings will fall into one of the three zones. Everyone will have ONE week to utilize the bins in their own building.
See information below for your building’s designated zone and amount of bins per building.
Zones 1 & 2 will have the week of August 9-12 (M-Th) to use the bins. Friday is pick up day.
Zone 1Student Center
Zone 3 will have the week of August 16-19 (M-Th) to use the bins. Friday is pick up day.
The paper collected is shredded and later manufactured into recycled paper. Please see FAQs link for more information. If your question is not listed here, you may contact the Sustainability & Energy Coordinator, Jabari Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Designated Bin Managers
Each building has a representative in charge of bin distribution and monitoring called a designated bin manager (DBM). These volunteers were kind enough to assist with the shred bins for your building and are available during your shred week. Please contact that person for any general questions. See chart below. Note: Buildings without a DBM will have one assigned before the event.
- Student Center - Dawnita Smith
- Library - Angela Morton/ Roy Joynes
- Facilities Management - Dr. Jacqueline Jackson-Palmer
- Robinson - Edna Palmer and Vernell Lawson
- Henry Admin - Marsha Swindell
- Fine & Performing Arts (FPAC) - Dania Taylor
- Computer Science - Mary Rodriguez
- CNMSMN - Dr. Alan Anderson
- JE Proctor- Vonzella McQueen
- MLK - Otis Thomas
- Ctr for Business & Grad Studies (CBGS) - Deborah Adams
- McKeldin - Lavel Jones
- James Gym - Arlene Creek