CPU Camp for African-American Males
Fill out the online form.
Print the Teacher Recommendation Form, and have your child's teacher complete it.
Email your child's most recent report card to Dr. Stone.
Application and documents are due to Dr. Stone by mid- April, 2018. Selections will be made one week later. If selected, the non-refundable $250 camp fee will be due in early May, 2018.
To view the documents above, download the free Adobe Acrobat reader by clicking here.
The CPU Camp staff is currently seeking external funding to assist with the cost of the 2018 camp. If you own or work for a company that is willing to serve as a sponsor, please contact Dr. Richard L. Lucas, Jr. (BSU Office of Institutional Advancement) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-860-4300.
The program coordinators are looking forward to hosting more young men in the summer of 2018.
Dates - TBD
Time - 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
About the Event:
What: CPU Camp - Computer Programming for Youth
Where: Bowie State University COSC Department
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Instructor: Dr. Daryl Stone, COSC Department, email@example.com
- Ages from 12 to 17 years old
- Have an interest in computers and excelling in school
- Committee will select 15 students, per camp, based on teacher recommendation and most recent report card
Cost: $ 250.00
- Must provide your own transportation
- Camper must bring his own lunch each day
- We provide snacks, books, materials, professor and student assistance
- Introduction to computer programming
- 3D Modeling and Animation
- Algorithm design
- Logical thinking
- College life
- Time management
- Being a scholar and a gentleman
9:30 a.m. - Morning class lecture and lab
11:30 a.m. - Lunch
12:00 p.m. - Free time (Outdoor activities or Computer Gaming)
1:30 p.m. - Enrichment Activity (Presenters, Campus Tour, etc)
2:30 p.m. - Afternoon class lecture and lab
4:30 p.m. - Campers leave for home