WHITE HOUSE INITIATIVE ON HISTORICALLY BLACK COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
2017 HBCU ALL STAR STUDENT PROGRAM APPLICATION
The White House Initiative on Historically black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) invites applications from current undergraduate, graduate or professional students at a Historically Black College and University for the 2017 HBCU All Star Student Program. This is to promote HBCU excellence, innovation, and sustainability. The initiative recognizes undergraduate, graduate and professional students for their accomplishments in scholarship, leadership, and civic engagement. Successful candidates will serve for approximately one year as ambassadors of the White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities by providing outreach opportunities and communications to their fellow students about the value of education and the Initiative as a networking resource.
ELIGIBILITY AND RULES
- Nominee must be a current undergraduate, graduate, or professional student at a Historically Black College or University (HBCU).
- Student must be enrolled for the 2017-2018 fall semester.
- Only complete applications will be accepted. This includes signed nomination form, unofficial transcripts, short essays, resume and endorsement letter.
- Submissions entered past the due date will not be acknowledged.
- All application materials must be submitted electronically as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application must be submitted no later than Friday, May 12, 2017, 11:59pm EST
Click HERE to go to the official website for more details and download the application form.
According to 2016 Global Knowledge's IT Salary Survey, these are the top IT functional area with the biggest salary increases.
SALARY WITHIN FUNCTIONAL AREA
|IT Functional Area||Mean||Median|
|Director, Application Systems Architecture||$122,509||$115,000|
|Manager, Applications Systems Architecture||$109,725||$116,000|
|Sr. Applications Systems Architect||$112,170||$110,500|
|Application Systems Architect||$96,253||$91,000|
|Sr. Data Architect||$90,132||$82,500|
|VP/Director, Information Security||$141,124||$135,000|
|Manager, Information Security||$113,970||$113,214|
|Information Security Analyst (Jr. or Sr.)||$87,942||$87,000|
|Sr. Security Administrator||$102,190||$99,840|
|IT Risk and Compliance Manager||$110,660||$110,011|
|Data Security Specialist (Jr. or Sr.)||$77,645||$72,000|
|Director (Senior Manager)||$91,339||$85,000|
|Sr. Network Technician||$77,895||$80,000|
|Sr. Network Administrator (LAN, WAN)||$83,193||$80,000|
|Network Administrator (LAN, WAN)||$63,328||$60,500|