To earn a Bachelor of Science in theater arts, students must meet the following requirements:
- Earn a minimum grade of “C” in courses taken in theater and dance; otherwise, courses in question must be repeated.
- Develop a comprehensive portfolio, which will be evaluated at the end of 60 credits and again in the senior capstone seminar. You must pass the portfolio review to graduate.
- Fulfill all performance and crew assignments each semester, except where specific exemptions have been approved in advance (i.e., poor grades, lengthy illnesses and emergencies).
- Accrue a minimum of 420 hours (52.5 hours per 15 week semester) in performance and technical crew work.
- Participate in at least three off-campus and four on-campus auditions each year (winter and summer included).
- Annually attend departmental and outside events in the areas of visual art, music and dance. Evidence of such attendance and/or participation will be required in the portfolio.
- Take additional course or laboratory work in any area of study or competency where fundamental weaknesses may be found.