The Writing Center
Grow as a Writer
The Writing Center at Smith Vidal Literacy and Language Center helps Bowie State University students become more effective and confident writers. Our goal is to engage the University community in face-to-face conversations about writing. Growth and learning are the intended outcomes for each conversation.
Our writing consultants can assist you through all stages of the writing process with any type of writing task. Whether you are concerned with organization, development, formatting, documentation style or other conventions, we can help. Our consultants, however, will not edit or revise your documents; you are ultimately responsible for your own writing.
What We Offer:
- One-on-one tutorials
- Small group sessions
- Group workshops (including for the EPE)
- Short in-class visits
- Writing and grammar resources
We Help Students:
- Understand writing assignments
- Overcome writing challenges
- Develop and research essay topics
- Document research in MLA and APA styles
- Become more confident and effective writers
Sessions are by appointment and last up to 50 minutes.
Please, come prepared and expect to work.
Sessions will only be as successful as the amount of effort you put into them.
- Log onto https://bowiestate.mywconline.com
- Register for an account
- Sign in to choose an appointment time
- Submit your essay draft or writing sample, if available
- Arrive to MLK 204 on time for your appointment