As a student in this program, you’ll learn how to identify emerging business opportunities, conduct essential market research and manage the venture financing process. Discover how to carve your own path. You will:
- Communicate ideas in business plans and proposals.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans.
- Use new technology to manage projections, statements and forecasting.
- Assess financial needs, cash flow for growth and break-even analyses.
- Learn how to apply an entrepreneur’s perspective to large organizations.
Our unique curriculum will strengthen the leadership skills needed for both business ownership and management in any corporate setting. At the core of the program are talented professors who offer years of real-world experience in business planning, management and consulting.
- Join: The Entrepreneurship Club supports students who currently own a business or plan to launch one. Regular activities include lectures, tours, professional development activities, as well as idea-pitching contests and networking opportunities.
- Experience: You’ll have access to successful business leaders through mentorships and internships with local businesses, including those that launched at Bowie State’s reputable Business Innovation Center (BIC). Additionally, the Student Business Hatchery provides workspace and coaching from local entrepreneurs to students as they develop their businesses and seek potential investors. At Bowie State, the opportunities to immerse yourself in experiential learning are endless.
While a concentration in entrepreneurship and small business management will undoubtedly prepare you for business ownership, you will also become an asset in established workplaces as you build experience and credentials. Entrepreneurs—those who have been in business, those who run a business part-time and those still in development—are agile and can find employment in almost any field, including the following positions:
- Account executive
- Benefits manager
- Budget officer
- Business analyst
- Communications officer
- Employment counselor
- Entertainment agent
- Financial analyst
- Foreign exchange trader
- Hospital administrator
- Human resource manager
- Management analyst
- Market information specialist
- Media planner
- Operations manager
- Quality control auditor
- Real estate agent/broker
- Trust administrator