Whether you want to excel at an established company or build your own business, our curriculum will show you how to develop effective marketing strategies that meet individual and organizational goals. Under the instruction of faculty who have years of global experience, you’ll learn how to target an audience, study its needs and create solutions that translate into sales. As a student, you will:
- Learn how to utilize price, products, promotion, planning and distribution to develop comprehensive marketing plans.
- Analyze complex business concerns and incorporate ethics into decision-making.
- Discover how culture, law and other social structures affect consumerism.
- Develop an appreciation of international marketing and global brand development.
- Understand the creative and technological aspects of advertising and promotion management.
Using marketing research and other observational tools, you’ll learn how to gather consumer information and understand what guides their choices. Our faculty will equip you with practical skills and knowledge to handle specific marketing needs in advertising, public relations, promotion, management, logistics and distribution.
- Join: The BSU Marketing Club, a chapter of the American Marketing Association, is a great resource for business majors interested in marketing. The group hosts activities that enhance in-class learning and provides access to helpful career resources.
- Experience: Students earn valuable, practical knowledge through internships after the second semester of their sophomore year. Though not required, field experience is strongly encouraged to maximize learning opportunities
The business world is in constant need of new leaders. You’ll be well-prepared for advanced study in graduate school or positions in traditional or emerging areas of marketing, including social marketing, sports marketing, marketing and ethics, relationship marketing, service marketing, e-commerce, business-to-business marketing, direct marketing and digital marketing. A concentration in marketing opens up opportunities in a wealth of careers including, but not limited to:
- Advertising copywriter
- Art director
- Brand manager
- Business intelligence analyst
- Digital marketing manager
- Fashion marketing professor
- Market research analyst
- Marketing manager
- Marketing consultant
- Media buyer
- Meeting and convention planner
- Product development manager
- Public relations specialist
- Sales manager
- Social media manager
- Sports marketing account executive