Bowie State University’s Project Special Education and Early Development (SEED) will prepare a cohort of 33 educators to work with young, culturally and linguistically diverse children with developmental delays and other disabilities. This competitive program provides full in-state tuition and fees to complete the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree.
What are the benefits of Project SEED?
- Enroll in Bowie State’s Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program – tuition free!
- Prepare for certification in special education and early childhood education.
- Complete coursework in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
- Earn your MAT degree in 2.5 years (January 2017 – May 2019).
- Learn to teach children with developmental delays and other disabilities.
What do I need to apply?
- Meet admissions requirements for the MAT program, including bachelor’s degree in any field
- Scores from either Praxis I or SAT/ACT/GRE
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Entrance interview
- Previous coursework and/or certification is a plus.
How do I apply?