Our curriculum guides you through the process of teaching children how to think critically about new information. You will also:
- Understand the methodology and diagnostic skills imperative to meeting the diverse educational needs of primary-aged students.
- Help students become active learners by building on their strengths, background knowledge and experiences.
- Gain the expertise needed to meet the intellectual, emotional and social needs of young children.
- Get hands-on training during a yearlong internship in both early childhood and special education classrooms.
Not only does Bowie State faculty offer decades of real-world experience and solid instruction in theory, they provide a listening ear as well. Our professors are committed to helping students succeed in their careers – and in life.
A degree in early childhood education opens the possibility for a career in teaching and beyond. Additional occupations include:
- Childcare center director
- Community college instructor
- Guidance counselor
- Home-based childcare provider
- Licensing specialist
- Primary school principal
- Special educator