Project Management Certificate Program
Bowie State University’s project management graduate certificate program is designated a Registered Education Provider (REP) by the Project Management Institute, the international association which sets project management global standards and credentials. BSU is among the choice institutions offering programs for professionals seeking globally recognized credentials in project management. The Human Resource Development program’s Certificate in Project Management will prepare students to function as project managers. In this program, you will:
- Meet the education requirements to apply for the PMP® certification examination.
- Gain knowledge and skills required to effectively manage a variety of projects in diverse settings.
- Build a strong foundation in strategic assessment, humanistic applications, planning and control, intervention techniques and organizational consultation processes.
Additionally, project management simulation gaming software is incorporated in the curriculum to enhance the learning experience with hands-on training.
Materials used for this program are based on the Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) - Six Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2017. PMP and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
HURD 783 - Fundamentals of Project Management
HURD 785 - The Human Development Side of Project Leadership
HURD 787 - Strategic Viewpoints on Project Management
HURD 789 - Advanced Project Management in HRD
HURD 791 - Project Planning & Control Concepts
The Project Management Graduate Certificate Program has been approved by the University System of Maryland, Office of the Chancellor and the Maryland Higher Education Commission as a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate (P.B.C.).
Certificate Program Admission Requirements
To enter the Project Management Graduate Certificate Program (PMGCP), applicants must
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in behavioral sciences, human services, management, or a related field.
- Meet general admission requirements established by the graduate school.
In addition to the certificate in Project Management, the Human Resource Development Program also offers a master’s degree in Human Resource Development. Certificate applicants are not required to be enrolled in the Human Resource Development Master’s program.