Accelerated BS Nursing Program Track
This is an 18-month intensive nursing program track for highly successful transfer and 2nd degree students. Candidates enter the program having completed all general education requirements and enroll into full-time study of nursing courses. Nursing entrance examinations are not required! See admission criteria and progression plan link for curriculum details. Candidates are admitted each summer as indicated on the progression plan!
Candidates may apply with remaining courses at the time of application submission. However, please know that candidates who have completed all course requirements at the time of application submission will receive priority consideration. It is highly advised that all prospective transfer candidates first obtain general university admission through the BSU Office of Admissions each fall semester ahead of the nursing admission application process to ensure completion of all academic credit requirements for program eligibility.
*Please know that all candidates must submit official transcripts of each institution attended prior to Bowie State University with the nursing application as one packet. Transfer Credit Evaluations are conducted by the BSU Office of Admissions upon completion of the on-line BSU general admissions application. Please visit the BSU "Admissions" webpage to learn more about the credit evaluation process.
- Must be granted general university admissions through the BSU Office of Admissions (Advised for each fall semseter!)
- Must have successfully completed all general education courses as required according to the curriculum plan
- Must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA in science and math courses
- Science courses completed within 5 years of admission date
- Must have evidence of success as a full-time student (12 or more credits in one semester)
- Must submit the Accelerated BS Nursing application by posted deadline!
- Must submit sealed official transcripts with the Accelerated BS Nursing application!
- Recommended for transfer applicants maintaining 53 or more transfer credits.
- Recommended for applicants possessing a prior undergraduate degree (See Accelerated BS 2nd Degree progression plan).
- Nursing courses are not transferable!
Please understand that admission to the Accelerated BS Nursing program track is highly selective. There are many more applicants than there is available space. While you may meet the criteria above, there may be more candidates that surpass the criteria.
Application Submission Date: (TBA in September 2016)
Application Deadline: (TBA in September 2016)
(All candidates will be notified of their nursing admission status in mid March!)
All admitted nursing students must have a criminal background check. (Conducted in Federal and State standards)
For questions or concerns, prospective candidates are required to send inquiries via email to our Nursing Academic Advisor:
Kenneth Dovale (email@example.com)