RN to BS Nursing Program Option
This two year nursing program option is an upper division curriculum designed for registered nurses in the state of Maryland, who are graduates of associate degree or diploma programs. Courses are offered both face-to-face and online. Applicants are considered for admission pending success on the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN).
The Department of Nursing goals are consistent with the mission of the University and reflect the philosophy of the nursing faculty. The Department of Nursing goals are:
- To provide quality programs supportive of the learning needs of diverse learners so that they may accomplish their educational goals.
- To provide an environment supportive of quality instruction, the use of technology, scholarly endeavors, and critical thinking.
- To maintain faculty support systems and staff development programs that foster creativity and facilitate the faculty's contributions to higher education and the nursing profession.
- To maximize opportunities for students and faculty to participate in the internal operations of the University so as to foster optimal communications and ensure maximum involvement in the development and maintenance of programs and services.
- To engage in cooperative and collaborative relationships with regional communities that will promote health and nursing.
*Please know that all Transfer Credit Evaluations are officially conducted by the BSU Office of Admissions upon completion of the on-line BSU general admissions application. Please visit the BSU Admissions webpage to learn more about the transfer credit evaluation process.
Application Submission Date — January 4, 2019
Application Deadline — July 1, 2019
All candidates who are foreign-trained nurses are required to be licensed in the state of Maryland and have their international transcripts be evaluated by the World Evaluation Services (WES) or the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nurse Schools (CGFNS). A copy of this evaluation must be submitted with your application to the program.
NB — All RN-BS students are awarded 30 credits for completion of prior undergraduate nursing coursework and experience based on the guidelines of the Maryland Articulation Model. These credits will be reflected in your BSU academic transcript upon completion of the program.
For questions or concerns, prospective candidates are required to send inquiries via emailto our Nursing Academic Adviser: