BSU Online Student Help Desk
All student requests for help regarding Blackboard, Starfish, and similar software/services are tracked through the DIT Help Desk. It is open Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Wednesday from 8 a.m.-7 p.m., and Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Phone: 301-860-4357 (301-860-HELP)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walk-in: Thurgood Marshall Library, 2nd Floor, Room #2004
In your request, please specify:
- Your name
- Student/User ID number (NOT your SSN)
- Username (e.g., your login)
- BSU email address
- Alternate email address
- Phone number
- Course/section involved (e.g., ENGL101 Section 001)
- Detailed description of the issue, including any error message received
This information is essential to detect and resolve issues presented by students.
- Describe the issue clearly. The more information we have, the better we can diagnose a problem.
- If possible, forward a screen capture of the error message.
- Keep a copy of your ticket number. If you call the help desk for an update, you will need this reference number. Avoid submitting another ticket for the same issue.
- Be sure to provide an email address that you will check often since email is the primary mode of contact for updates.
Some vendors provide technical support directly to the end user. If you have trouble with one of these applications or services, please contact:
- Blackboard Mobile Support - http://help.blackboardmobile.com
- Blackboard Collaborate Support - http://support.blackboardcollaborate.com
- Smarthinking Support - http://smarthinking.host4kb.com
BSU Online is managed by the Academic Computing Unit.