Online Learning Forms & Manuals
Faculty members involved in the processes of developing and teaching online or hybrid courses use the following forms to facilitate observation of quality standards, as determined by the BSU Online Policy. Please, download and fill-in as required.
The general framework for initiating, developing and evaluating online offerings is established by the BSU Online Policy, approved by University Council on April of 2012. The policy document can be downloaded from the following link:
1. Intent to Teach Online/Hybrid Course Form - initiates the process of course development and establishes a commitment between course author(s) and instructional designer.
2. Quality MattersTM Instructor Worksheet - initiates the process of course peer review by providing a self-appraisal of the course author(s) about the developed online course template.
3. Quality MattersTM Rubric for Higher Education 6th Edition 2018 (current) - used to evaluate the developed online or hybrid course template for compliance with QMR Standards; the minimum requirement of compliance is 84 out of 99 points.
4. Blackboard Inc. Exemplary Course Program Rubric - supplemental form to Quality Matters that may be used by instructors interested in the Blackboard Exemplary Course Program, which includes annual awards to high quality online courses; standards are aligned with Quality Matters.
5. Online/Hybrid Course Development Manual Adapted to QM - this manual contains instructional design orientations and models for developing an online course within the BSU Online environment. It is updated annually by Academic Computing according to changes in the Blackboard learning management system.
6. Quality Matters (QM) Compliance Checklist: This is abbreviated quality matter rubrics are required to be included in the development templates.