10th Annual Grants Expo and Research Day
10th Annual Grants Expo and Research Day
Save the Date
Where: Student Center on the Campus of Bowie State University
When: April 25-26, 2017
Who: The Expo is open to all members of the Bowie State University community: faculty, staff and students to present their research, creative and other scholarly projects. The campus community and invited guests are encouraged to view presentations and attend informative workshops.
For more information or to participate in the Expo please contact Adrian Carter Jr. in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at ORSP@bowiestate.edu.
We are pleased to announce that due to the success of last year’s event, the Grants Expo and Research Day will be a two-day event again this year, Tuesday, April 25 and Wednesday, April 26, 2017.
The Expo recognizes and promotes student, faculty, and staff activities in research and creative production, and celebrates collaboration among faculty and students within and across disciplines. The exhibits that are presented will include both internally and externally sponsored projects, undergraduate student research, and graduate theses and dissertation projects. Faculty and staff that have submitted and received external funding will be recognized. This year, we are excited to offer the opportunity for participants to deliver either oral or poster presentations.
We hope that you will consider presenting this year!
Important Registration Information and Dates to Remember
Click here for the BSU presenter registration application.
Student, faculty and staff registration and abstracts are due April 1st!
Click here for the attendee registration form.
For more information, contact Adrian Carter Jr. in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at ORSP@bowiestate.edu or (301) 860-4326.
Dates to Remember
- Complete on-line registration form (Students, Faculty and, Staff) and submit by 5 pm, Friday, March 31, 2017.
- Submit Posters and Oral presentations for review and printing by 5 PM, Friday, April 7, 2017.
- Attend the Grants Expo and Research Day poster/oral presentation preparation sessions during the week of April 10-14, 2017.
- Come to the Student Center Ballroom between 1PM and 4 PM on Monday, April 24, 2017 to set up poster or to view your location for your oral presentation.
- If you would like your presentation to be judged, please be sure to check the corresponding box on the on-line registration form.
- Invite your friends and colleagues to register and visit the Expo.
- If you are doing a group presentation that involves undergraduate and graduate students, and you would like the presentation to be judged, your presentation will be considered in the graduate student competition.
- Attend the luncheon on April 26, 2017.
To help with developing your posters, we have attached a template. The template has the correct dimensions of the poster so that it will print correctly. ORSP will take responsibility for having the posters printed but they must adhere to the poster specifications (48 inches wide x 36 inches high) indicated in the attached template. All posters must be in PowerPoint ready to print by Friday, April 7, 2017 so that they can be completed in time for the event. Even if you are printing your own posters, please adhere to these dimensions to ensure that the posters will fit the boards that will be provided. The PowerPoint slide for your poster must be submitted by email, posters submitted after April 7, 2017 will not be accepted for printing. Please note that presenters will be asked to set up their posters on Wednesday, April 24, 2017 but more details will be provided regarding this.
The template and instruction for oral presentations will be available by March 11, 2017. Please submit your presentation for review by April 7, 2017.
For more information or to participate in the Expo contact Adrian Carter Jr. in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at ORSP@bowiestate.edu.
9th Annual Grants Expo and Research Day
8th Annual Grants Expo and Research Day
We have gone social!