11th Annual Grants Expo & Research Day
Achieving Excellence through Research & Collaborative Experiences
Save the Date
Where: Student Center on the Campus of Bowie State University
When: Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Who: The Expo is open to all members of the Bowie State University community: faculty, staff and students to present their research, creative and other scholarly projects. The campus community and invited guests are encouraged to view presentations and attend the luncheon.
For more information or to participate in the Expo please contact Jhovita Williams in the
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at ORSP@bowiestate.edu.
This year, the Expo will be a part of the Presidential Inaugural week of events for the installment of President Aminta H. Breaux as the 10th president of Bowie State University.
The Expo recognizes and promotes student, faculty, and staff activities in research and creative production, and celebrates inter-institutional and cross-disciplinary collaboration. The exhibits that are presented will include both internally and externally sponsored projects, undergraduate student research, and graduate theses and dissertation projects. Faculty and staff that have submitted and received external funding will be recognized. We offer the opportunity for participants to deliver poster presentations. We hope that you will consider presenting this year!
Important Registration Information and Dates to Remember
Click here for the BSU presenter registration application.
Student, faculty and staff registration and abstracts are due Wednesday, April 4th!
Click here for the attendee registration form.
For more information, contact Jhovita Williams in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at ORSP@bowiestate.edu or (301) 860-4394.
Dates to Remember
- Complete on-line registration form (Students, Faculty and, Staff) and submit by 5 pm, Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
- Submit Posters for review and printing by 5 PM, Wednesday, April 4, 2018.
- Attend the Grants Expo and Research Day poster preparation sessions during the week of April 2-6, 2018.
- Come to the Student Center Ballroom between 1PM and 4 PM on Monday, April 9, 2018 to set up poster.
- If you would like your presentation to be judged, please be sure to check the corresponding box on the on-line registration form.
- Invite your friends and colleagues to register and visit the Expo.
- If you are doing a group presentation that involves undergraduate and graduate students, and you would like the presentation to be judged, your presentation will be considered in the graduate student competition.
To help with developing your posters, we have attached a template. The template has the correct dimensions of the poster so that it will print correctly. ORSP will take responsibility for having the posters printed but they must adhere to the poster specifications (48 inches wide x 36 inches high) indicated in the attached template. All posters must be in PowerPoint ready to print by Wednesday, April 4, 2018 so that they can be completed in time for the event. Even if you are printing your own posters, please adhere to these dimensions to ensure that the posters will fit the boards that will be provided. The PowerPoint slide for your poster must be submitted by email, posters submitted after April 4, 2018 will not be accepted for printing.
For more information or to participate in the Expo contact Jhovita Williams. in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at ORSP@bowiestate.edu.