Declaration/Change of Plan/Subplan Form
- You must be CURRENTLY ENROLLED to submit this form.
- You are required to confer with the CHAIRPERSON of the new academic department(s) you have chosen. The chairperson's signature is required. You must SIGN and DATE this form. Retain a copy for your records.
- If you are DELETING a minor from your program, report this instruction by indicating "DELETE MINOR - (Program Name)"
- If you declaring a DOUBLE PLAN, you are required to confer with the department chairperson of both plans. In addition, you must report which program is your PRIMARY plan and which is your SECONDARY plan. The chairperson of the SECONDARY major is required to create a Program of Study, customized for you to report your graduation requirements. In addition, the chairperson of the secondary major is required to submit your official Program of Study not later six (6) weeks after your declaration/change to the Office of the Registrar.
- If you are declaring a MINOR, you must confer with the department chairperson offering the minor program. The chairperson's signature is required.
- If your major is UNDECIDED you should confer with an Academic Advisement Specialist. They will serve as your academic advisor until you have declared your major. Undergraduate students must declare their plan before the end of their sophomore year or at 59 credits.
Important Notes for Undergraduate Students
a) Students will be required to meet graduation requirements under the catalog in effect at the time he/she requests the change. . However, you may request, in writing, to follow the requirements of a later catalog. To do so, you must submit your written request to your new chairperson. If approved, your written request along with the chairperson's written consent of approval must be forwarded to the Registrar’s Office. As a result, your CATALOG YEAR will be adjusted accordingly.
b) If your newly declared/changed plan did not exist at the time of your admission, your studies will be governed by the academic catalog in effect as of the DATE OF YOUR ELECTION. Likewise, if you interrupt you attendance for more than four (4) consecutive semesters, your studies will be governed by the academic catalog in effect as of the DATE OF YOUR READMISSION.
c) The EFFECTIVE DATE for your declaration/change of plan will be the date of receipt at the Office of the Registrar.