Skip to Main Content


What are the services offered in the Office of the University Registrar?

The office maintains course and class data that is used by staff and faculty to assist students in obtaining their educational goals. The educational record of the student, known as the transcript, includes the course and class information along with grading information for each term. This data is used to provide academic departments with information to advise students on degree requirements using the degree-audit system PeopleSoft, as well as to advise them on academic standing status and enrollment verifications for on- and off-campus affiliates.

The Office of the University Registrar produces the Schedule of Classes and both Graduate and Undergraduate catalogs. The staff of the office is responsible for adhering to and communicating academic policy to the campus-wide community as set forth by the Office of Academic Affairs and Council of Deans.

What are the University Registrar's office hours?

During the academic year, office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. On Wednesdays, the office hours are 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Please see the Schedule of Classes for exact dates for the academic year and special hours for registration. Registrar's Summer and Winter Hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

What are the University Registrar's Office address, telephone number and fax number?

Bowie State University
Office of the University Registrar
Henry Administration Building, Suite 1200
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, MD 20715

Main telephone: 301-860-3730  Fax: 301-860-3438

What information can be faxed to the Office of the University Registrar?

  1. A request for verification of enrollment
  2. A request to correct personal data (address, name, telephone number change)
  3. A request to audit a course in accordance with academic calendar
  4. A records or enrollment dispute.

Make sure you include your full name, Student ID number, telephone number, and signature on the request.

How can I get my grade changed?

You must contact the professor. If you were not enrolled in the course or term for which grades were given, you must write a letter of enrollment/records dispute to the University Registrar.

How can I obtain a copy of my diploma?

To secure a duplicate copy of your Bowie State University diploma, you should send your request with $55.00 payment to: Bowie State University, Office of the University Registrar, Henry Administration Building, Suite 1200, Bowie, MD 20715.