Skip to Main Content

Veteran Enrollment


For additional information regarding Veterans Administration education benefits, students may visit the VA's website at or call 1-888-442-4551 or 1-800-827-1000

New Students: If this is your first time requesting VA enrollment certification processing, DO NOT COMPLETE THIS FORM. You should visit Veteran Services, located in the Office of the University Registrar, Henry Administration Building, in Suite 1200.

Returning Students: Each semester, students who have confirmed eligibility for the Montgomery GI Bill and who have an established Veteran Administration (VA) file at Bowie State University must complete and submit this form to the Office of Veteran Services to request their VA enrollment certification processing. Request should be made on or before the "Last Day to Add a Class" according to the published Academic Calendar.

Visiting Students/Supplemental Certification: Students who are "degree-seeking" at another VA-approved school; but who have enrolled at BSU, should complete and submit this form and attach a copy of their permission form/letter as obtained from their home school to request VA enrollment certification processing. Forms received without an attached permission form/letter will NOT be processed.

Special VA Enrollment Certification Processing: Students who are "BS in Technology" majors, "Second Degree" candidates or students who are enrolled to satisfy their FIRST teacher certification program (as secured from a State or County Office of Certification) should complete this form. Also you must submit a copy of your program requirements to the Office of Veteran Services. All programs submitted must be official and include the appropriate signatures