CPU Camp - Computer Programming for Youth
Where: Bowie State University Computer Science Building
Dates: June 24, 2019 - July 5, 2019
Time: 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Instructor: Dr. Daryl Stone, Department of Technology and Security, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Both Middle and High School Sessions will run June 24, 2019 (Monday) to July 5, 2019 (Friday) at 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Ages from 12 to 17 years old
- Have an interest in computers and excelling in school
- Committee will select 15 students, per camp, based on teacher recommendation and most recent report card
- Introduction to computer programming
- Robotics, App Development and other STEM topics
- 3D Modeling and Animation
- Algorithm design and logical thinking
- College life and Time management
- Being a scholar and a gentleman
9:30 a.m. - Morning class lecture and lab
11:30 a.m. - Lunch
12:00 p.m. - Free time (Outdoor activities or Computer Gaming)
1:30 p.m. - Enrichment Activity (Presenters, Campus Tour, etc...)
2:30 p.m. - Afternoon class lecture and lab
4:30 p.m. - Campers leave for home
- We provide books, materials, professor and student assistance
- Cost includes “all you can eat” lunch buffet in the BSU Student Center Dining Hall
- Must provide your own transportation
How to Apply
- Complete the Application Form.
- Download and have your child's teacher complete the Teacher Recommendation Form. Once your child's teacher completes the form, scan and email the form to email@example.com OR mail a paper copy to the address below.
- Scan and send your child's most recent report card.You may email it to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail a paper copy to the address below.
Dr. Daryl B. Stone
CPU Camp 2018
Computer Science Building – Office 319
Bowie State University
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, Maryland 20715
Application and cocuments are due to Dr. Stone by Friday, April 12, 2019. Selections will be made by Friday, April 19, 2019. If selected, the non-refundable $300 camp fee will be due by Friday, May 10, 2019.
The CPU Camp staff is currently seeking external funding to assist with the cost of the camp. If you own or work for a company that is willing to serve as a sponsor, please contact Mrs. Yvette Caldwell (BSU Office of Institutional Advancement) at email@example.com or 301-860-4300.