Work for Bulldog Scholars Academy
Thank you for your interest in Bulldog Scholars Academy employment opportunities.
We are offering information sessions on the following days. Please sign up here. Consideration for employment is not contingent upon attending; however, we strongly recommend that interested applicants join us to learn about the application process and job expectations.
- February 6th, 4:00-5:00 p.m.: Student Center, Baltimore-Columbia Room
- February 7th, 3:00-4:00 p.m.: Student Center, Chesapeake Room (3rd Floor)
- February 12th, 5:00-6:00 p.m.: Student Center, Baltimore-Columbia Room
- February 21st, 4:00-5:00 p.m.: Student Center, Chesapeake Room (3rd Floor)
Applicants who register online will receive email updates.
Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on March 1, 2018. We recommend that you submit all materials well in advance of the deadline. Late applications will not be considered. All applications must be submitted electronically. The application is available here.
A select number of applicants will be invited to group interviews. Those who are not selected for further consideration will be notified by email no later than March 6th.
Group interviews are by invitation only and will be held at the following times:
- Monday, March 12th, 9:00 am-10:30 am
- Monday, March 12th, 5:00 pm-6:30 pm
- Tuesday, March 13th, 2:00 pm-3:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 14th, 1:00 pm-2:30 pm
- Thursday, March 15th, 11:00 am-12:30 pm
- Friday, March 16th, 9:00 am-10:30 am
- Friday, March 16th, 2:00 pm-3:30 pm
Individual Interviews will be held during the week of March 26-29
Other Important Dates
- March 30th: Employment offers extended
- Week of April 16th (Dates TBD): Employees complete background check
- May 5th, 10:00 am-4:00 pm: Staff Planning Intensive
- Week of June 18th: Staff Training
- June 24th-August 4th: Bulldog Scholars Academy in session. Due to the nature of the position, all employees must have 100% availability during this time period. Staff are not permitted to take classes, vacation, or work a second job.
All positions are residential. Employees receive a stipend plus free room and board.
Job Descriptions and Minimum Requirements
We are currently hiring:
- Math Supplemental Instructors/Tutors
- FRSE/Critical Reading and Inquiry Supplemental Instructors/Tutors
- Supplemental Instruction Manager
- Resident Mentors
- Senior Mentors
- Resident Director
- Administrative Coordinator
- Research and Assessment Assistant
***Please note, credit accumulation requirements are based on summer 2018 status. Applicants who expect to have 30 credits by the end of the spring term are eligible to apply for tutoring positions. Likewise, applicants who expect to earn 45 credits by the end of the spring 2018 term are eligible to apply for mentoring positions. GPA requirements are based on fall 2017 grades.***