Supplemental Instruction Manager
Coordinate and manage support services in Math and FRSE/Critical Reading and Inquiry. This individual will be familiar with pedagogy and able to support the SI/Tutorial team’s pedagogical development. S/he should be an accomplished student and able to assist with tutoring in one or more subject areas, particularly during evening drop-in hours.
Duties and Expectations
- Collaborate with leadership team to develop a seamless student support system.
- Supervise Supplemental Instructors/Tutors.
- Meet with SI/Tutors regularly to discuss pedagogical development, problem solve, and discuss student progress.
- Assist with tutoring.
- Observe SI and tutoring sessions; provide feedback.
- Complete performance reports for supervisees.
- Collect paperwork from SIs/Tutors; submit paperwork to Administrative Coordinator.
- Report student progress to leadership team.
- Assist with check-in and check-out.
- Assist with orientation and weekend co-curricular activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 45 credit hours
- 3.0 or higher GPA
- Experience tutoring
- Leadership and/or teaching experience