The Concurrent Enrollment Program offers high achieving, college bound high school students the opportunity to enroll in college-level courses at Bowie State University while simultaneously enrolled in high school. A student in the Concurrent Enrollment Program may take up to 6 credit hours per semester, however, the university may limit the student to only three credit hours depending on the students academic preparation and course load in high school. A student may take a total of 18 credit hours while in the Concurrent Enrollment Program.
Students who wish to apply for the Concurrent Enrollment Program at Bowie State University must submit the following:
- A completed application form with the required $40 application fee;
- A transcript of their high school record showing a cumulative grade point average of a 2.5 or higher;
- The completed counselorís recommendation form signed by both the high school guidance counselor and high school principal;
- Interview: the Office of Admissions will contact applicants if an interview is required.
Apply for Concurrent Enrollment
Click Here to download and fill-out the Concurrent Enrollment Application Form.
- Computer Technology
- Elementary Education
- Business Administration
- Dentistry (Dual Degree)
- Engineering (Dual Degree)
- Social Work
- Early Childhood / Special Education