Scholarships are awarded based on merit, financial need, or a combination of both. Carefully review the deadlines and requirements when you apply for a scholarship. Some scholarships, in particular those from the state of Maryland, require applicants to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Scholarships are available to students through various sources. Awards are normally made annually to students, and are made possible by the generosity of Donors. Donors can be individuals or from different entities including corporate, federal and state levels all of whom support the mission of the University.
Tips for Applying
- Review the eligibility requirements and only apply if you need the outlined requirements
- Complete and review the application prior to submission
- Formulate a well written essay (if required)
- Include all required documentation (letters of recommendation, etc.)
- Meet deadline dates
**Remember Your Application Represents You: First Impressions Count
Scholarship checks should be mailed to the Office of Financial Aid, upon receipt our office will ensure all checks are submitted to the Office of Student Accounts for processing. Processing time is approximately 3-5 working days.
The Office of Student Accounts must have an actual check in order for the students' account to be credited. Credit cannot be given based on scholarship letters. In order for the funds to be applied correctly to the account, scholarship letters should indicate how the funds are to be distributed.
Verification of Enrollment
Donors may request verification of enrollment and/or grade point average to ensure the student is meeting the eligibility criteria of the award. It is the student's responsibility to request the required information from the Office of the Registrar and to ensure the information is sent to the Donor.
Students receiving scholarships are encouraged to send Donors a letter or card of appreciation, token of gratitude often encourage Donors to continue to support the University. Be sure to include brief statements about your major of study, career goals and aspirations. Donors like to know about their recipients and their future plans.
For additional information on Maryland state scholarships, click here.
Below are links to additional scholarship websites. This list is provided for informational purposes and is not an endorsement form or program. To view the PDF documents below, download the free Adobe Acrobat reader by clicking here.
- Polson & Polson, P.C-Conquering Adversity
- Grungo Colarulo Giving Back to the Community Scholarship
- Connecticut Domestic Violence 2017 Legislation Reform Scholarship
- Eli Lilly and Company
- The Ward Law Group Better Future Scholarship
- Judge Bill Higgins Public Service Scholarship
- The Jason Kalafat Make a Difference Scholarship
- SECU-University System of Maryland Scholarship 2017
- Barone Defense Firm Win Back Your Life Scholarship
- Anita R. Turner Memorial Academic Scholarship
- Ron Brown Scholar Program (major scholarships)
- The Harry S. Truman Scholarship
- Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarships
- United Negro College Fund Merck Science Initiative
- Minority Scholarships (Doctoral Students In Accounting)
- Tylenol Scholarships
- State Farm Insurance Achievement Scholarships
- Astronaut Scholarship Foundation
- College Fund/UNCF
- Intel Science Talent Search
- Athletic Scholarships
- Student Inventors Scholarships
- Holocaust Remembrance Scholarships
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund
- Microsoft Scholarship Program
- William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship For Minority Students
- Guaranteed Scholarships
- Maryland Artists Scholarships
- International Students Scholarships & Aid Help
- College Board Scholarship Search
- Federal Scholarships and Aid Gateways
- Scholarship & Financial Aid Help
- Aid and Resources For Re-entry Students
- Rhodes Scholarships At Oxford
- The Scott Lee Foundation
- Fast Web
- Study Abroad
- The Sallie Mae Fund
- Student Award Search Aid
- American Indian Graduate Center Scholars
- Asian& Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund
- Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Program
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc.
- Scholarship Experts
- Society of Women Engineers
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education
- iMODULES Scholarships
- CableTV.com Scholarship