New Student Orientation
In short, this three-part orientation program consists of:
- University Testing Services, the first part of your orientation experience. Placement testing is mandatory for all new freshman and transfer students without college-level math and English. For additional information on the placement exam, please see the University Testing Services website.
- Academic Advising Center, the second part of your orientation. This office will direct you to advising and help register for classes. For more information, contact Dr. Yvette C. Galloway: 301-860-4072 or AdvisingBSU@bowiestate.edu.
Discover BSU, the third and final part of your orientation experience. After placement testing and registration for classes, students will participate in sessions designed to assist them with a smooth transition to college in the fall. For those attending a “one-day session,” you will receive a one-day crash course of campus life including a campus tour, lunch, campus ID card and information on campus resources such as financial aid, student accounts, campus safety, clubs, organizations, etc. For more information, contact Ms. Tamisha Ponder at 301-860-4406 or DiscoverBSU@bowiestate.edu.
Freshman Student Orientation
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 | 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017 | 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Transfer Student Orientation
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017 | 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Thursday, January 12, 2017 | 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017 | 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Thursday, January 19, 2017 | 8:00 am – 3:00 pm