New Student Orientation
Newly admitted students must attend New Student Orientation (NSO). Students accepted for the FALL 2019 semester will attend one of the orientation sessions during the summer in June, July or August. Registration for NSO will open on April 1, 2019. Admitted students will receive more detailed information via email.
Students can choose from several different sessions this coming summer where they can:
- Meet with an academic advisor and choose classes
- Talk with new and current students
- Learn about campus resources
- Go on a campus tour
All first-time students and some transfer* students are required to take tests in writing, reading comprehension and math. Students must register for and take their placement exams before attending NSO. You must take the test if you are:
- A first-year freshman student. You must take the Placement Test before talking with your academic advisor and registering for classes.
- A transfer* student who did not transfer English composition with a "C" or better. You must take the English Placement Test.
- A transfer* student whose transfer evaluation does not indicate credits for MATH 116 (or some higher math course). You must take the Math Placement Exam before being permitted to register for classes.
- An in-state transfer student who has an associate’s degree. You are not required to take a Placement Test.
Testing services is currently not administering placement tests. The placement testing for incoming students will begin Mid-May.If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you are a transfer student, it is important for you to check with the Admissions Office at 301-860-3415 to find out which test you are required to take before you register for classes.
NSO dates will be available April 1, 2019.
More detailed information will be sent via email. If you have any questions, please call or email the NSO Coordinator at (301) 860-3423 or discoverBSU@bowiestate.edu.