Bowie State University is an excellent choice for students who have a two-year associate's degree and are looking to take their education to the next level. It also offers broad academic opportunities and a nurturing environment for students seeking a different four-year campus experience. Bowie State University offers seamless transfer equivalencies for students coming from other University System of Maryland colleges and has articulations agreements with several Maryland community colleges.
Citizens of the United States as well as international students who have attended or who are currently attending another college or university prior to seeking admission or re-admission to Bowie State University are eligible.
Transfer students who present a minimum of 24 transferable credits at the time of application and a grade point average of at least 2.0 (a C average) may be considered for admission. Students' overall grade point average and the trend of the most recent grades will be considered.
Students can transfer a maximum of 65 credits from a two-year college or up to 90 credits from a four-year college but only a total of 90 credit hours.
To be considered for admission, an application and all required documents must be submitted by the following priority deadlines:
- Fall Semester – June 15 (Deadline for international students is January 5)
- Spring Semester – November 1 (Deadline for international students is September 1)
You should submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Completed online application submitted with a non-refundable $40 application fee.
Checks should be made payable to: Bowie State University.
- Official transcripts from each college or university you’ve attended submitted to the Office of Admissions, Bowie State University, 14000 Jericho Park Road, Bowie, MD 20715. If you’ve earned fewer than 24 transferable college credits at the time of application, an official high school transcript is also required.
- Standardized tests scores are not required for transfer students unless fewer than 24 transferable credits. In that case, either the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or American College Testing Program (ACT) are acceptable. Official scores should be sent to the Office of Admissions. SAT or ACT scores from an official high school transcript are also accepted.
Bowie State University College Code – 5401
For More Information Contact
301-860-3415 (1-877-77BOWIE toll-free)