Bowie State University offers seamless transfer equivalencies for students coming from other University System of Maryland colleges and has articulations agreements with several Maryland community colleges. It also offers broad academic opportunities and a nurturing environment for students seeking a different four-year campus experience. Bowie State University is an excellent choice for students who have a two-year associate's degree and are looking to take their education to the next level.
Transfer students who present a minimum of 24 transferable credits at the time of application and a grade point average of at least 2.0 (a C average) may be considered for admission. Students' overall grade point average and the trend of the most recent grades will be considered.
Students can transfer a maximum of 65 credits from a two-year college or up to 90 credits from a four-year college but only a total of 90 credit hours.
You must submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Completed online application submitted with a non-refundable $40 application fee.
- Official transcripts from each college or university you’ve attended Transcripts may be submitted electronically at email@example.com or mailed to the Office of Admissions, Bowie State University, 14000 Jericho Park Road, Bowie, MD 20715.
- If you’ve earned fewer than 24 transferable college credits at the time of application, an official high school transcript and standardized tests (SAT or ACT) scores are required. SAT or ACT scores from an official high school transcript are also accepted.
Bowie State University College Code – 5401
To be considered for admission, an application and all required documents must be submitted by the following priority deadlines:
- Fall Semester – June 1 (Deadline for international students is May 1)
- Spring Semester – December 15 (Deadline for international students is October 1)