Sports Hall of Fame
Class of 2019 BSU Sports Hall of Fame Banquet
BWI Airport Marriott
1743 W Nursery Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090 [map]
Saturday, June 29, 2019
- The BWI Marriott hotel is offering a special group rate of $109.00 USD per night.
- When making your reservation, ask for the "BSU Sports Hall of Fame Banquet" group rate.
- Book by May 28, 2019 to receive the discounted rate.
The Bowie State University Sports Hall of Fame is a committee within the Bowie State University National Alumni Association, Inc. that recognizes those individuals, who through their accomplishments, have brought pride and distinction to Bowie State and the community as an athlete or coach, and whose contributions have impacted the development and success of the Bowie State University Athletic Program.
James "Barney" Waters Dedicated Service Award
Bowie State University salutes Mr. James “Barney” Waters for his outstanding devotion and commitment to his alma mater. Barney was a member of the Classes of 1934 and 1948. He was a well-known supporter of the Athletic Department and Bowie State University. As a student, Barney was a member of the Track and Field Program and involved in other athletic and extra-curricular activities, including football and basketball. He was the longstanding Chairman of the Bowie College Athletic Hall of Fame Committee. He was also a proud member of the President’s Club since its inception. Prior to that, Barney’s generosity also included being a member of the Century Club. Barney will be remembered for his melodious voice and how he always led his fellow alumni in the singing of the Alma Mater. Upon his death, the James “Barney” Waters Endowed Scholarship was established.
Nominations are due on December 31, 2018. Submit your nominations by filling out and returning the forms below.
- Faculty Staff Recognition nomination form (pdf)
- Team nomination form (pdf)
- Sidney Sheppard Lifetime Achievement nomination form (pdf)
- Individual nomination form (pdf)
- Athlete Recognition nomination form (pdf)