Bowie State University National Alumni Association
Award Guidelines for the 2017 Service Of Excellence Nomination
In celebration of more than 150 years of producing exceptional alumni who are leaders in the community, the Bowie State University National Alumni Association, Inc. and Scholarship Gala Committee will pay tribute to alumni and friends through awarding the “Flame of Faith and Torch of Truth Award.” This award will be bestowed upon alumni who are making significant contributions to Bowie State University and their community through their time, actions, talents and dedications in five categories: volunteerism, legacy, community, leadership and philanthropy.
To be eligible, the nominee must meet the following award category requirements:
- Bowie State University Alumni.
- Volunteerism – Demonstrate exemplary commitment to volunteerism and service.
- Legacy – Outstanding alumni who have made game-changing contributions to create a better future for Bowie State University students.
- Community – Involvement with initiatives that demonstrate a commitment to serving Bowie State University and local, state and national communities.
- Leadership – Implementing initiatives that further the academic mission of Bowie State University and that of local, state and national communities.
- Philanthropy – Outstanding contribution of time, leadership and financial support to Bowie State University and local, state and national communities.
Please forward the following:
- Letter of Support from a colleague or service organization attesting to nominee’s character
- Curriculum Vitae
- Written Statement indicating nominee’s community service involvement.
All information must be received via email – email@example.com – by May 1.
Awards and Recognition
Honorees will be recognized at the October 27, 2017 Scholarship Gala held at Martin’s Crosswind in Greenbelt, Maryland. Each honoree will receive one complementary ticket. Honorees are encouraged to invite additional guests at the cost of $100 per person. The honorees will be notified of their nomination by the Bowie State University National Alumni Association, Inc. Scholarship Gala Committee by May 1. Honorees will also be listed in the alumni newsletter and information will be placed on the Bowie State University Alumni website.