Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Prevention Center
Message From The Director
I would like to welcome back returning students and to congratulate the newly enrolled students at Bowie State University. I encourage you to make the most of your college experience and to not jeopardize it by allowing someone to influence you to binge drink, use illicit drugs, or engage in
The mission of the Alcohol,
The center was established for the following purposes:
- To provide education to students, faculty, and staff
- To provide research-based information about the nature, scope, and consequences of students’ use of alcohol, controlled substances, and the risk of contracting HIV/AIDS, and Hepatitis
- To implement the use of science-based peer education in order to educate students about alcohol and other drug use, and the consequences associated with misuse
- To identify the link between serious problems and alcohol, i.e, poor academic performance, vandalism, violence, dropouts, date rape, and deaths
- To strengthen law enforcement for campus violations of ATOD related behavior
In that regard, the ATOD Prevention Center will distribute newsletters monthly to keep the campus informed of the latest scientific, research-based information as well as ATOD activities. Also, the ATOD staff will be conducting workshops and presentations in the classrooms and the residence halls.
I invite you to visit the ATOD office located in Robinson Hall, Room 117. We look forward to meeting you and working with you during your tenure at Bowie State University.
Once again, “Welcome to Bowie State University.” Enjoy your college experience!
Funded by: the Behavioral Health Administration (BHA) and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP)
Spread The Word Not The Virus