Presidential Student Leadership Award
The BSU Presidential Student Leadership Award annually recognizes the top undergraduate and graduate student leaders. The purpose of the award is to recognize a senior student and a graduate student who have excelled in leadership roles on the campus. Letters of nominations will be distributed to the entire campus-seeking seniors/graduates that exemplify the example of current leadership throughout the community and have potential for serving in a leadership role after graduation. (You may nominate yourself.)
- Recognition via a plaque in perpetuity in an appropriate location on campus
- Recipient will receive a plaque in their honor
- The student must have a minimum of 90 credit hours with no less than 30 earned from BSU. A student leader that graduated in December 2017 is eligible to be nominated. Graduate students will have completed at least 15 credits by December 2017.
- Grade Point Average: Minimum GPA of 3.00 undergraduate /3.25 graduate)
- Leadership/Service: To include student leadership on campus and/or volunteer work off campus
- Student should have both breadth and depth of leadership qualities
- Student must be cleared of judicial sanctions or violations (Minor violations that may have occurred during the freshman year at BSU will be considered under a freshman forgiveness consideration)
The nominations due date will be announced at a later date. Students that are nominated will be sent an application form.
Nominations should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, hand delivered to the Office of Student Affairs, Second Floor Henry Administration Building, or mailed to the Office of Student Affairs, 14000 Jericho Park Road, Bowie, MD, 20715.
Upon receipt of nominations application forms will be mailed or emailed to nominees.
To view the PDF documents on this page, download the free Adobe Acrobat reader by clicking here.